Monday, December 17, 2012

I would say to those who mourn
look upon each day that comes as a challenge,
as a test of courage.
The pain will come in waves,
some days worse than others,
for no apparent reason.
Accept the pain.
Do not suppress it.
Never attempt to hide grief.
Daphne du Maurier



The tragedy that occurred in Newtown, CT
Has numbed me.
I cannot imagine.
This is not a political blog.
I will not make it so.

What I have seen are some amazing men and women in the midst of this horror.

Lt. J. Paul Vance has touched me with his control
of a truly uncontrolled situation.
He has been sensitive.
He has been kind.
He has been professional.
I appreciate that. 

I guess I just want to thank him.

I will continue to pray
for 
strength
courage
and
eventual peace
for each family
who has been touched
by this tragedy.

3 comments:

Debby Steele said...

Beautifully said. xo

pve design said...

I think you might want to add good counsel to your list of talents. I find looking to the heavens, praying and focusing on that and not on the things of this earth - lifts me up.
Sad, but we have to know God is always there for us and for all who are hurting or in pain.
pve

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Merry Christmas Cheryl . . . enjoy your kiddos today :O)