Friday, August 30, 2013

And the second year is over

You will lose someone you can't live without,
and your heart will be badly broken,
and the bad news is 
that you never completely get over 
the loss of your beloved.
But this is also the good news.
They live forever 
in your broken heart 
that doesn't seal back up.
And you come through.
It's like having a broken leg 
that never heals perfectly
~
that still hurts when the weather gets cold,
but you learn to dance with the limp.
Beautiful words from
Anne Lammott








Kenny, it still hurts,
but we are learning to dance with a limp.

8 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Cheryl....so beautiful. What a handsome man and beautiful family you are. I can see the love from the pictures and know that his memory will stay forever alive in your hearts........I know life will never be quite the same, but I do hope you will in time find happiness and peace that I am sure Kenny would want you to have. Sending a hug your way.

Judith Ross said...

Love to you and your family, Cheryl.

Donna Boucher said...

I give you a ten.

You inspire me dear, dear friend.

And as I yelled into the phone to your sweet greiving daughter two years ago today, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Keep you chin up and never stop laughing. You are the best!

Darn. I wish I was in LC right now.

XOXO

MindingShop said...

Thinking of you today...
Happy Birthday
Love you.xoxo

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

What a beautiful and poignant post, Cheryl. I know these past two years have been the hardest of your life, but you all seem to have handled it with such grace. Many hugs to you and your children.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, From one widow to another, as hard as it is, you have to move forward. Dave made me for who I am today. Let the world see that . . . let Kenny's life live through you with laughter, smiles and celebration of the wonderful life you had together. Happy Birthday and may this new year be an awesome year for you! Blessings, Sandy xo

Momma Freed said...

Beautiful

Sally Chupick said...

that is a beautiful piece of writing about dancing with the limp. Your man Kenny looks like such a handsome loving man. God bless you and your family as you learn to live your life again with him only in your hearts.