Saturday, January 11, 2014

GRIZZLY BOARDS

In our small barn in Little Compton 
he would be working after he
got home from his summer job.

He had long planks of wood.
There was saw dust all over the place.
He would be on the computer
reading, 
then redoing.

"what are you doing, Graham?"
"making skis"
"making skis?"
"yes"
"ok"
I thought at the time it was to 
busy his head and his hands.
It's not easy watching your dad
slip away to a disease like
Frontotemporal Degeneration.

But in his room,
on his desk 
was this note to himself.

Graham, there simply aren't words to tell you how proud I am of you.
To put everything you have into your craft,
and then put it out there
is one of the bravest things a person can do.
  Congratulations to you
to following your dream
in the midst of all we have been through.
I love you.






This article was publish
the morning I posted this blog


7 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Great job Graham!!!! Papa and I are also very proud of you and love you very much!!

Judith Ross said...

Congratulations Graham!

And congratulations to you Cheryl, for helping him grow into the man he is today.

I'm proud of you both!

The enchanted home said...

Oh my goodness....how amazing! I love that he was fueled his obvious passion and look at what he created! WOW, I am truly impressed Cheryl and I can imagine the pride you must feel!

The enchanted home said...

Just visited his website..so impressive. I love his story even more, I will be featuring him on my random musings post next week...fantastic!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Totally awesome! How proud you must be Cheryl. I believe both of those kids of yours are blessed. Congratulations Graham, your work is beautiful :O)

jayneonweedstreet said...

It takes courage to follow your bliss - not always the easiest life to start! My son is on the slopes out West, SKi patrol for the WInter months.
I can see how proud you are of him!

pve design said...

we are a ski family and the snow has been the "glue" to keep us coming back to a mountain in the catskills. my sons raced and now my daughter. It has taught them to not be afraid, to be agressive and to throw themselves into something to see results.
congrats to you, to your son and may GRIZZLY BOARDS grow and profit. My son works for Pedigree Ski when he is home from college. I know our entire family would love to own GRIZZLY CUSTOM skis.
pve